Same Stuff Different Day

I've lost count of the days since we had "home". This life of working out of state, constantly on the road, is not something anyone could ever get used to. Even truck drivers have their cabs, a little place in this world that is their personal space. I have hope that getting the travel trailer up and ready will give me some sense of normal. Without it I always have this unsettled feeling in my gut, there is always tension it seems like and no time to rest because my mind, like my stuff, is scattered. I thought I could somehow make this different, make it better...I have tried every hack I can think to make travel easier, make packing easier. I have totes for kitchen stuff, a tote for household misc., suitcases with wheels, bags with pockets and even have bags for my bags. I get tired of complaining, I run out of positive affirmations to tell myself to keep making it through the day. I miss my home, not only the physical home, but mostly the feel. I miss routine, I miss cooking, I miss knowing that everyone is safe and sound in their beds and the house is locked. I wish I would have slowed down to appreciate those small things, I am so grateful to have had them. I just keep holding on to the hope of SOME DAY we will have our space again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Shenandoah, Iowa!!

Dubuque and the out of town worker